Friday, March 6, 2009

Pen and Ink drawing...finally finished!

I finally finished the pen and ink drawing I've been working on for the past two days. When they're this intricate...it seems to take forever.

Today's such a beautiful day...nice and sunny with some warm temperatures...a good day to sit outside and work...or just soak up some sun rays.

My day didn't start too well with my computer. For over nine months now, I've had problems burning and copying CDs and DVDs...and this laptop is only 18 months old now...so the problem started when it was less than a year old. Thank goodness, I purchased an extended warranty. When I contacted Dell last September they tried updating the drivers and the software...and decided that it was a software problem with Roxio. I replaced Roxio with Burn4Free and for a while that seemed to solve the problem. But...this morning, I tried to just PLAY a DVD...and got a message that there was no drive installed. After restarting, the drive showed up...but when I inserted the DVD...again it disappeared. I contacted Dell and the guy ran the diagnostics on my laptop. The result being...the hard drive is failing. So they've dispatched a new hard drive for me to install...and I'm in the process of backing up all of my files. I have an online backup...but they recommended backing up to an external drive as a precautionary measure in case I have problems downloading what was saved to the online account. Guess I need to pull out my sketchbook and start another drawing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great. The broccoli must have taken forever. sorry to hear about your computer. It's never fun when you have to replace the hard drive. Hope it works out in the end.

Kim Zoph said...

This is lovely, Carolyn. Your drawing makes me anxious for warmer weather, when I get into nature journaling with a vengeance.

winna said...

Just went through this backup process etc---it'll be awhile before all is normal again---the problem for me was a driver---when you install they add them and you have no idea they have added all they do--and when you uninstall,sometimes things are left on---so you're at their mercy---those bums!

PAK ART said...

I love what computers provide, but I hate that I don't understand them and they seem so fickle. I like the drawing.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is so cool! Marva